Dec 19 2000
Why did I educate my daughter at home? The short answer:
- Because I wanted her educated rather than "schooled" into being a complacent, mindless little follower of mandates from government or any other authority.
- Because I wanted her to have a better and more personalized academic education than she’d get in public or private school.
- Because I wanted her to be socialized in a positive way, rather than in an environment that is eerily familiar to anyone who has read Lord of the Flies.
- Because she’s one of my favorite people in the world, and I enjoyed spending time with her.
If you’re still interested:
- Longer answer with some background about how we got to this point in our lives
- Answers to the questions most people ask when they learn that we’re homeschooling
- Interesting articles about education
- Resources for liberal home educators
- Discounts for Atlanta-area homeschoolers
Last updated December 19, 2000